The National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP) of the Federal Ministry of Health and Society for Family Health (SFH) are Principal Recipients (PRs) to the Global Fund Round 8 Phase 2 Malaria grant titled, "Contributing to Rapid and Sustained Scale-up of Malaria Control Interventions for Impact in Nigeria" in both the public and private sectors. The grant covers Five (5) Service Delivery Areas including Prevention with LLINs. NMEP and SFH have also received interim funding from the Global Fund in addition to the Phase 2 Round 8 fund whose proceeds is majorly for procurement of LLINs for replacement campaigns in 2014.
In view of the needs for effective coordination of the LLIN campaign activities in 2014, it has become necessary to engage a Technical Adviser on Coordination and three Advisors (i.e.Technical, Logistics and Demand creation work stream Advisors) to support the planning and implementation of the campaign activities. The TORs for the Technical Adviser on Coordination and the Advisors are stated below.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Demand Creation Work Stream Advisor
- Provide periodic updates to IVM branch, State Support Team Coordinator and the IVM Sub-Committee
- Provide leadership to Demand Creation work stream and leverage resources across the state support teams
- Support the provision TA input into State Demand Creation preparatory processes such as adaption of DC campaign materials
- Participate in training state-level demand creation work stream members in implementing LLIN campaign distribution
- Provide on-the-job capacity building for National and State officers in Demand Creation
- Support the incorporation of lessons learnt Into the implementation package
- Provide technical advice for the design of rolling state specific demand creation approaches/plans
- Provide technical advice for the implementation of the state level demand creation plans
- In collaboration with the ACSM branch of NMEP, dissemination of progress reports to all relevant stakeholders
- Provide recommendations for improvements as derived from the reviews of progress
- Support Stakeholder coordination and engagement
- Support the compilation of campaign reports, and continuous review of progress against the plans
- Provide TA for planning, for the post-campaign activities focused on ILIN hanging and use based on existing data and mapping of resources for BCC in the State
- Provide TA for the development of advocacy and media kits and engagement of media
- Support identification of influencers and stakeholders for involvement in demand creation activities (e.g. State not ambassador)
- Support advocacy and engagement at all levels (community, ward, LGA, State).
- An advanced degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or related field.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in health programmes, preferably in advocacy, communication and social mobilization,training and M&E.
- Specific experience in behaviour change communication for malaria programmes strongly desired.
- Proven experience in managing public health programmes or projects In Nigeria or similar developing country context,
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise, and train in health service programmes.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public health sector and the Nigerian context in terms of barriers and facilitators for health service uptake.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired.
- A proven ability to work as port of a team and to be self-managing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field.
- The period for this consultancy work is Twelve months, from January to December 2014.
- To be determined.
21st December, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following to the address indicated below:
- A detailed CV that shows evidence of relevant qualifications.
- Letter of motivation.
The National Coordinator,
National Malaria Elimination Programme,
1st Floor, Abia House,
Central Business District,
To: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: That successful individuals will be expected to commence work immediately from 20th January 2014.
Search for High Paid Jobs Here