We are one of the only companies that have end-to-end capabilities to deliver what Carriers need to provide a smart, scalable and simple End-user environment ready for the Networked Society. A competitive, next-generation IP and Broadband portfolio of Solutions and Services, allows us to deliver a fully converged end-to-end solution for Service Providers around the world.
We are currently looking for an experienced Learning & Development professional to join the Learning & Development team to support and drive employee learning at Ericsson in our RSSA Region.
Job Title: Services Engineer Graduate
Ref No: 00090932
RSSA Operations – Graduate
With operations in 45 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and a staff complement of approximately 2 300, Ericsson is the largest global telecommunications vendor that is innovating, developing and improving the lives of people, business and society. We supply and service all major African operators, with market leadership in Mobile Broadband, Communication Services, Fixed Broadband Convergence, Operations and Business Support Systems. We also boast the largest Managed Services community in the world and are the technology leaders in both Television and Media Management and the Service Enabling Area.
Ericsson truly believes that a successful business can only be built on successful people, so we are a people focused company. Our continuing leadership within the market place shows we have the ability to transform our business within a rapidly changing technological arena, through vision and diversity. Therefore our products have continued to shape the future for our customers and we are continually developing to meet new market opportunities.
Ericsson attracts and develops high performing, competent and motivated individuals, by building on everyone's competence and ambition to succeed. We offer an exciting, diverse and challenging environment for this.
RSSA Operations has the mission to provide higher level Services related competence in the region. It will have the mandate to lift up customer’s confidence and dependability in Ericsson’s technical delivery organization, by creating an outstanding business value. RSSA Operations has a prime focus on improving the following:
- Customer satisfaction
- Network performance
- Cost reduction
- Performance and Quality enhancement
- Incident Prevention
- Root Cause Analysis
- Hot and Critical issue handling
- Mentoring RSSA engineers
Main Responsibilities include:
- Project implementation and Project support during implementation.
- End of Support product CSR handling
- Handle Hot and critical issues.
- Perform RCA of Emergencies that occur in RSSA customers.
- Network Audits.
- Network design and optimisation
- Reduce Long Duration Emergencies.
- Work as a good team member in a group of highly competent and skilled engineers.
- Team player.
- Proactive approach.
- Assumes work responsibility by being flexible.
- Able to manage high work load periods.
- Able to write technical procedures.
- Suggest improvements in ways of working and ways of cooperation.
Service Engineers perform work in the following Domains::
- RAN (Radio Access Networks)
- MSS (Mobile Switching Systems)
- TMS (Telecom Management System)
- IN (Intelligent Networks and Charging System)
- VAS (Value Added Services)
- Service Engineers would be required to interact with other Ericsson organizations to understand and clarify customer issues and work with Design organization for advanced troubleshooting and trouble reports.
- Service Engineers work on Customer Support Tools like SMS, Metis, MHWeb.
- Service Engineers possesses excellent Communication skills, both written and oral).
- Highly motivated and good team player.
- Must have consultative skills, share knowledge.
- Motivated to mentor and coach team members.
- Ability to work under strong pressure related to scale of business impact.
- Ability to develop and give effective presentations within own unit.
- Telecom protocols understanding
- Telecom infrastructure knowledge
- Unix knowledge
- Programming language skills (Perl, C+)
- Very Strong IP concepts
- Strong Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Ability to communicate in French is an advantage
- Bachelors of Electrical/Telecom engineering
- Bachelors or master in Computer Science/ computer engineering
- Some experience working in the Telecommunications industry preferable
- Telecomunications related Theses in final year studies an advantage