The Tax Operations Manager functions as an internal tax administrator/specialist to the business. The role holder ensures the development and update of the company’s tax and other related policies and guidelines. The role holder manages the payment schedules and returns of State and Federal Government Taxes as well as carrying out tax computations as may be required from time to time
External Job Title Tax Operations Manager
Type of Job Full Time – Exempt
External Job Description
Job Title: Tax Operations Manager
Level: L5 (M1)
Reports To: Tax & Payroll Manager
• Prompt payment of all taxes due to the state and federal government. Such as:
Company Income & Education Tax
Value Added Tax
Personal Income Tax (PAYE)
• Prompt filling of all tax returns in line with statutory timelines
• Ensure tax laws are interpreted and embedded in the Company’s processes and declarations
• Effective management of tax audits
• Ensure prompt completion of tax Magnitude Validation Model and Cash Tax Forecast Schedules in conjunction with Akintola Williams Deloitte and DBSC teams respectively
• Manage relationship with tax consultants (Akintola Williams Deloitte) to ensure company tax objectives are delivered to time and in line with appropriate legislation
• Satisfactory compliance with tax controls as required by Controls Audit and Risk Management (CARM) guidelines
• Ensures that all tax queries and correspondences are responded to and appropriate steps taken to avoid penalties due to non-compliance.
• Prompt monthly reconciliation of tax related accounts
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
• Graduate Calibre plus membership of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria/Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
• Minimum of 5 years post qualification with relevant Tax Management experience
• Ability to take commercial insights and translate into the Organisation & People Agenda including good customer service.
• Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions.
• Analytical, interpretative and decision-making skills.
• Excellent coaching and relationship building skills.
• Good communication and presentation skill.
• Good team player with good coaching skills.
• Sound IT knowledge in the use of outlook (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Working knowledge in accounting package-SAP (All modules).
Barriers to Success in Role
• Inability to manage and influence a spectrum of key stakeholders to elicit support.
• Inability to learn fast and adapt to a new and flexible ways of working
• Inability to prioritise work and deliver under tight deadlines.
How to Apply:
• Lagos based with some travels within/ outside Nigeria
CLICK HERE, and click on Search Opening, in Country, select NIGERIA, then Search to make Applications Online
SEARCH FOR HIGH PAID JOBS HERE