Karamat limited is an indigenous company established in 1989 is set to recruit for the position of a Marine Cable Project Engineer. Our activities are spanned in the area of information management, human resources and procurement in the oil and gas sector.
We are recruiting for the position of:
Job Title: Marine Cable Project Engineers
Location: PH, Rivers
- To plan, execute and deliver safely, on schedule and within budget Project and Facilities Engineering activities, and to provide relevant expertise to the Project Team through all phases of the Project, through design, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up up, to hand-over and initial operations. To ensure the Project is executed to specified Shell/SPDC and International standards and specifications.
- Participate as Facilities/Project Engineer in the execution of the EPCOM (Engineer, Procure, Construct, Operate and Maintain) contract for the Projects so as to complete the projects in accordance with the specified standards and specifications, on time and within budget;
- Provide/co-ordinate responses to Contractors’ technical queries during the project detail design phase;
- To carry out project engineering activities related to the project's multidisciplinary nature, including discipline and inter-discipline review of design deliverables, participation in HAZOPS and design reviews; To monitor follow-up and implementation of recommendations;
- To effectively manage the Projects’ interfaces with other projects and facilities, and liaise with Operations representatives to ensure their requirements are taken into account during project execution;
- Ensure that the requirements of the EIA and Integrated Operations Philosophy are fully identified and addressed in the design, construction and commissioning of the facilities;
- Effectively manage the interface with the Contractor and project team;
- Supervise the materials procurement aspects of the EPCOM contract from ex-works to delivery at site. To ensure adequate monitoring/tracking of materials/equipment usage and reconciliation during and after project execution;
- Carry out all activities associated with the construction and pre-commissioning of the facilities (e.g. preparation of construction drawing/documents, site construction and installation, hook-up, pre-start up audits, as-built drawings);
- Manage all aspects of HSE and quality issues on the project, in particular during the construction phase to ensure achievement of ‘Goal Zero’ objective of zero fatality and zero significant spill from project engineering activities;
- Monitor and coordinate approval of all specification/design change controls.
- Manage delegated authorities of all contracts in the portfolio as per the SPDC Contracting principles with special emphasis on the HSE issues of the contractors.
- Develop and pursue strategies for building capacity of local contractors;
- Manage project risks and opportunities to the benefit of the Company
- Basic Engineering Degree with 7 years experience in engineering design and construction,
- Experience in engineering design and construction, and working knowledge of a broad range of Facilities and Project engineering systems, tools and practices.
- Ability to manage interfaces with internal and external stakeholders is essential. Excellent communication skills.
- HSE management of a large group of people and contractors in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team set.
- Ability to lead, motivate, coach and develop the technical and management skills of team.
- Skill in management of Community Relations in the Niger Delta is a key enabler.
Application Closing Date
27th February, 2013
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit CV to:
email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the email.
All candidate that meet the requirements only should apply.
SEARCH FOR HIGH PAID JOBS HERE