FHI 360 is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Facilities and Inventory Officer
Req ID: 3329
Supervisor: Senior facilities and Inventory Officer
- The position holder will work with the Senior Facilities and Inventory Officer in being responsible for managing and coordinating office operations, office facilities, supplies and support services and ensuring the public and staff areas of the office premises are kept in good order so as to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency and the optimal use of facilities.
- S/he will assist in coordinating the compilation and maintenance of accurate inventory records, and work with the Senior Facilities and Inventory officer to carry out the verification of assets and ensure inventory data is accurately entered into the FHI Nigeria electronic inventory system.
- Organize and supervise the reception function, both telephone and visitors. Ensure provision of efficient reception services to all visitors and callers to Country Office.
- Work with the Senior Facilities and Inventory Officer to oversee and supervise the processing of mail dispatch/distribution, telephone directory; and administrative and support services to all departments/units as required.
- Assist in coordinating and planning bookings of meeting and training rooms by internal and external users. Ensure that all internal and external meeting organizers comply with FHI’s Guidelines for meeting/workshops.
- Oversee cleaning of the office building daily and ensure that cleaning contractor adheres to specified cleaning standards.
- Contribute to planning, coordination and allocation of office space in consultation with relevant parties.
- Work with the Senior Facilities and Inventory Officer in planning and organizing, ordering and stocking of office supplies such as stationery, drinking water, and other utilities to support office operations.
- Coordinate and ensure effective and smooth management of the car parking space at the Country Office.
- Assist the Senior Facilities and Inventory Officer to oversee the upkeep, rehabilitation and maintenance of the entire FHI facilities including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventive maintenance programs.
- Assign and verify completion of all repairs, replacement, renovation projects of FHI facilities and equipment and ensure quality of work.
- Ensure appropriate tagging of office equipment, furniture and fittings.
- Oversee activities of janitors and maintenance staff. Ensure that repairs and maintenance problems are logged and resolved and that quality of service is assured.
- Work with the SFIO to update the inventory system for all activities such as additions, disposals, movements/ relocations, retrievals, change in status/condition, etc.
- Carry out the periodic inventory verification of all listed stores and property.
- Ensure that the inventory list is accurate and complete and that all required data fields are populated and accurately entered into electronic inventory system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to research and evaluate technical proposal and make appropriate recommendation.
- Ability to comprehend and make inferences from technical materials and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, policies and procedures.
- Technical understanding of office and other mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Good analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
- BS/BA degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Estate Management or related field with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Estate Management or related field with 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations is an advantage.
- Experience using inventory management software is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
14th February, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online